Wednesday, August 10, 2005

You might get hungry reading this

I spent a long time last night trying to get a picture in my profile area of blog. The editing HTML thing was new to me. I actually accomplished entering the URL by cutting and pasting, but it said my photo needed to be no more than 50k. I had cropped a digital photo and tried to use it, but it was "too big"! Humph!! What now?! Anyone know what the deal is--anyone technical and camera oriented, say, BRADLEY??? :) Dumb question--what does the k stand for in 50k?

Sold my first ebay item today--what a thrill! It got 5 bids! The funny thing is, it wasn't a name brand thing I went out and bought on ebay and thought would sell. It was a girl's seersucker sundress that my mom gave one of the girls. They never wore it, really, and it was just sitting there--cute and in good condition! It actually has a tiny hole on the front bottom, which I explained honestly on ebay, and it got 5 bids! Sold it to a gal in sunny, hot Florida. PTL!

Made a good version of pizza for dinner: use focaccia bread for the "dough." You slice through it horizontally, and place cut side up on your pan. I then mixed tomato sauce, garlic powder, garlic salt, oregano, basil, and parmesan and spooned it on top. Then came shredded mozzarella, sliced mushrooms, sundried tomatoes, and olives. I baked it a 375 for about ten minutes. It wasn't really HOT after that amount of time--you could leave it in longer or turn up the temp. But it was delicious!! And a great midnight blogging snack!

Have garden broccoli and tomatoes and want a good way to serve them? Cut up and steam your broccoli till it's just right. Meanwhile, dice your tomatoes and mash up some garlic. In a large frypan, heat up some olive oil. Add garlic and tomatoes and some basil. Lightly saute. Then add broccoli to this mixture; gently mix, serve, enjoy!

I made curried chicken last night. When it was cooking, Jessie asked, "Is that stew? It smells like stew, and I don't like to eat stew when I'm not in a good mood." It was such a funny thing to say! She said it without malice, just kind of matter of fact. And she didn't seem to be in a bad mood, either!

9 comments:

Brad said...

Loreoeoeo,
K stands for kilobytes (one thousand bytes). There are several ways to reduce the size of a picture. You don't really need to crop it, but rather reduce the resolution, or increase the jpeg compression. There are many programs that do this, and you probably have one on your computer.
If it would be easier you can just email me the pic and I can send you back the resized version.
By the way, if anyone is looking for a great photo organizer, check out Picasa 2 from Google. It is a free program, and I can't live without it.

Mrs. RF said...

Hey - great news about selling something! Keep at it!

I agree with Brad - Picasa 2 is a great program.

Kristi said...

Congrats on the sale!

Tanya said...

Hi,
Thanks for your comment on my blog. It does sound like we have a lot in common. I will definitely check your blog on a regular basis. Thanks again for stopping by.
Tanya

Loreo said...

Brad, thanks for responding! I actually do have Picasa2. Could that help me? I don't have your email address. When I clicked on your contact in your blog profile, it wouldn't work for me. Is that an IM contact anyway? Not experienced with that, either, surprise, surprise!

Brad said...

Yep. Picasa 2 will do the trick. Use the export button on the bottom, which will open up some options. Click "Resize to:" instead of "Use Original Size", then drag the slider below all the way to the left so that it says "320 pixels." Now click okay.

To verify that it is under 50k, right click on the image in Pacasa and click properties (at the bottom). Toward the top it will say "Size: xx". If it still indicates that it is too large, go back to the export function and drag the "JPEG Setting” slider down a little until it comes in under 50k.

Are you confused yet? My email is bradleypass@gmail.com if you want me to do it for you. It will only take me 2.367 seconds, so feel free.

Have a jolly weekend.

Tanya said...

Hi Loreo,
We have a husky/lab cross, or so we think, there might be some shepherd in there too. His body looks just like a golden lab, and his tail is curled like a husky and he has a bit of the husky mask and perked up ears like a husky/shepherd, and the muzzel like a lab. He is very nice looking. We always get complimented on him.
We're going to the beach again today, so hopefully we won't have another "deposit" or anything like that. Its been so hot this week, its suppose to be 31C today. TTYL

Jill said...

How cute the way Jessie worded her dislike of stew. Jed's comment when he doesn't like what's being served is "I'm not really into _________." By the way, have you ever heard of a child not liking cookies? Jed hates them! Strange child.

Jenny said...

I did get hungry!!