Saturday, August 27, 2005

Don't make me think of a clever title at this hour!

Here I am with my tea and my blog. I've only been home for a half hour, and it's 1:30!

Do you ever wonder what happened to Job's beautiful daughters who shared in the inheritance? Did they name their children after brothers and sisters they never met? And where are their descendents now? Did one of them go on to produce fake maple syrup? (Yes, one's name was actually Jemima!) Maybe another one is a famous beauty we have seen in a movie. And is the royal family in England descended from David? If so, have the sins of the fathers, like adultery, been passed down quite strongly?

A good dinner I made tonight you might like to try. It was angel hair pasta served with shrimpy white sauce (shrimp in the sauce). I used half and half for the white sauce, added parmesan cheese, garlic powder, garlic salt, and fresh ground pepper. It was yummy! Best to buy cooked, peeled shrimp. Veggie was spinach salad with blue cheese dressing--best to buy refrigerated, fresh dressing with big chunks of cheese! My white sauce recipe--
6 T butter, 6 T flour, and 3 c. half and half. And you know how to make it, right?

Jessie asked me yesterday at the dinner table if cartoons were in black and white when I was a kid. And she was serious. And I didn't even smile OR get annoyed! I just answered matter of factly that when I was a kid, we had to pedal a crude machine continuously just to get a picture! (Doesn't that make you think of the Flintstones?)

A blessed Sabbath to all, and to all a good night!

3 comments:

pennyjean said...

Ah, yes, the good old days! Having to pedal hard to watch tv! HeeHee!

KW said...

Yum!!

Sounds mighty tasty....

How is your sore throat? mine finally went away after
a week (yesterday)

Loreo said...

I still have my sore throat, and it's been a week. Zoe had one that lasted quite awhile. Great! Glad you're better, dear. :)