Tuesday, August 09, 2005

Two bids!!!!!

I GOT TWO BIDS ON MY EBAY STUFF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! JUST A LITTLE EXCITED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! After several days of feeling pretty badly about a lousy first try of a 7 day auction, I attacked afresh!!! I did yet some MORE reading up on selling...I took some new pictures of my stuff, slashed prices, and relisted. I improved a few other things as well. That was this morning, and when I checked, a few minutes ago, I have 2 bids!!! So I'm hoping other people will also want some of those things and there will be some bidding wars! I discovered a very important fact on the forums this morning: it's a magnetic, addicting thing for buyers to see a low price. It's a game that people play--"I can afford that, I want that--look at that price!" And then several other people think the same thing, and it's fun to try to add 50 cents or a dollar to the previous bid to try to win. Apparently, it's no fun for buyers when you start the bid asking what you want for the item--and I had asked high on all my stuff. So.......the trick is not to operate at a loss forever.........this could take time.......but 2 bids is a dream come true and answered prayer--I'm not kidding! The battle's not won yet, but at least I'm still in the game when I had actually thought of quitting. But nobody I lamented to recommended quitting. Simple words like, "You'll do it," said with absolute assurance, can really mean a lot!

3 comments:

pennyjean said...

woohoo!

Mrs. RF said...

Good for you! Keep at it! Success to the brave!

Kristi said...

You can do it!