Friday, August 26, 2005

Don't you love the smell of playdough?

I changed some settings on my blog, so now commenters without blogs can leave comments. Welcome, Janelle!! :)

William used his potty chair for the first time yesterday. What a triumph!! When you wait till your kid is 2 3/4, you may be using lots of diapers, but at least your face is not blue from demanding constantly that a non-ready toddler SIT ON THE POTTY AND TRY!!!

I got up early yesterday and spent ALL DAY attacking the upstairs. We have to walk through so much cluttery stuff to get to our bedroom, and it demoralizes me EVERY TIME. It makes me feel guilty and pressured and overwhelmed. Basically, it's an attic--a finished attic--so that's where our extra stuff goes. We don't have a garage. And since we remodeled the attic about 3 years ago and have had a zillion calls on our finances, we have kind of halted our progress. So there isn't all this great storage space or cool living space yet. And the bathroom is still waiting to be finished. But I still love this house. Yesterday, I made myself VERY proud and pleased as punch with what I got accomplished. It feels like it transferred to my brain, and now my brain is not cluttered with guilt and pressure and disgust, etc. I got rid of lots of magazines--took them to work, where they are desperate for new stuff in the lunch room. I got rid of lots of trash, lots of recyclable papers (GOSH, am I a pack rat!!) , Will's old crib bedding, my stupid ebay stuff (Yes, I closed my store yesterday--that felt good, too. Wasn't working for me. Fun trying--got it out of my system for the most part), some clothes of mine that were too small or not being worn. I got most of the cds in one spot, the cassetes in one spot, the sentimental stuff in one spot, all my crafty arty stuff in one spot, stuff Will can wear eventually in one spot. Moved the ugly coat tree into the bathroom, swept, de-cobwebbed. GOOD STUFF!!! It's fall cleaning, don't cha know. A good way to start a new school year--clean! The back of the van is full of stuff to get rid of! And I decided to take the kids clothes to a consignment shop instead of just Goodwill. Of course, the downstairs could use another day of cleaning--bathroom, floors, etc.!! And we don't even have a big house!! When Kerry Yacoubian moved into her bigger house in Georgia, she said it was easier to clean, or it didn't get as intensely dirty as fast.

I got Jessie some playdough a few days ago. It was supposed to be JUST HERS, and she would pay for it. Well, it's been awhile since we've had play dough around, and it has been played with intensely by the neighbor girl, William, and Zoe. Jessie has been upset by this. She didn't want to share, and she doesn't want her colors mixed up (conscientious, responsible 1st born girl). So I had to tell her she didn't have to pay for it, that playdough's cheap, and I can buy lots more to replace her ruined, shared stuff. They are having so much fun with it!! It's funny. Jessie keeps showing me these plates of "meals" she makes--hamburgers, spaghetti, pancakes and omelette!

3 comments:

KW said...

Two things...Firstly Janelle's comment on my blog, reminded me that we just viewed Napoleon Dynamite for the first time the other night, and it was hilarious! How strange, but funny. The other thing is...we are potty training here too! We're talking a big week long break at the moment though, haha, as it's not going so well, and I'm trying to get over this sore throat. Talk about a lesson in patience...Lexie does not have a clue, and I
am trying not to be too pessimistic about it. She only seems to realize that she's had an accident when I inform her of the fact. When is Will's bday again? Lexie is about 2 and 3/4 too (bday in Nov).
Hang in thar!

ljm said...

I can barely keep up with your posts! Love the pics...Ethan's still working on the potty thing (good days and bad days). Fun!

Loreo said...

Karena, I woke up with a sore throat on Monday--sorry you share my pain. Will's bday is Nov 23. Boy are they close! You wanna hear a funny, crazy thing that happened today? Well, I was in the bathroom, doing my business. William barges in, which is very common, and stands on the stepstool and proceeds to clatter around some noisy stuff on the sink and counter. I yell at him to get out. He comes in a minute later, and I yell at him again. Then, a third time, he comes in, and someone has upset him. So, with the door half open, and him crying, and me not decent, he proceeds to pee on the floor, the hair drier cord, and the rug. ARGH!!!!!! It was actually not as angrifying as you'd think. It seemed like something from a movie--too funny and crazy!