Sunday, October 30, 2005

Yesterday was a pretty decent day, weatherwise. Apparently, I really needed to cool my heels, because I got up late. Chris brought me coffee in bed and kept everyone under control. Then I read the paper in bed for another hour. My Dad needed to get out of the house cuz of a baby shower, so he took the 3 older kids to the waterfront for a walk and then out for lunch. I was itching for something to do out of the house, so Chris and I went to this drive through Greek place and then to a nearby park with William. I got a beef and lamb gyro, which was huge and yummy. I couldn't finish it then, but the portion I couldn't eat tasted great late at night. :) Chris got calamari and chips--it was breaded squid or octopus and fries and some marinara sauce to dip the seafood. It was so good! William had a great time running around chasing sea gulls, jumping in puddles, and playing with the fallen leaves. Then my Dad met us there with the other kids, and they played for awhile, too. Chris has been pretty sick, so he crashed on the couch for the rest of the evening, while I made chicken pot pie, cleaned up the kitchen, and kept the kids under control. I started my couch quilt by hand, cuz I just haven't been able to get to my Mom's house to use her machine! Today, the pastor continued to speak about hope. What I took away from it is, "Keep tying knots in that rope, and keep trusting God!"

2 comments:

Booker said...

what is a "gyro"? I am not familiar with the term...

Loreo said...

It is pronounced "yerr-o," and it is cooked, thinly sliced lamb and/or beef, raw onion, tomato, a dill yogurt sauce (with cucumbers?) inside kind of a flat bread that is actually as thick as a pancake but tastes more like sourdough. The flatbread is folded like a taco with the ingredients in the middle. Yummy!