Thursday, October 13, 2005

What's new

The kiddos have today and tomorrow off from school because of staff meetings. Our van is being repaired right now--there's a leak which is letting out coolant, causing the van to get pretty hot and the heater to not work. Chris has been going through a lot of coolant to keep it topped off. Luckily, Parkland Chevrolet has a shuttle to bring us to and from the place while it's being worked on. I have spent an hour or so there with the kids before, and there isn't much for them to do besides go ga ga over the vending machines.

I had Monday night off because of Columbus Day, but the next night, I worked for seven hours. The banks were actually open Monday, just not the Fed or proof departments! So we pretty much had double work Tuesday. I studied my Medical Transcription course Monday for the first time in weeks. Argh!

I took out the changing table from boys' room--was really sick of it in there. The bottom shelf was collapsed cuz it held books and legos and stuff, and it really irks me to see it collapsed and messy. I sanded my Goodwill find of a dresser and put a coat of paint on it. Also bought some new handles for it. It will go in there once I get the other coat on and hardware on. The boys have been sharing one dresser, and Zach has only had 2 of his own drawers.

Yesterday, I went through my antique 9 patch quilt squares and separated the ones needing patching from the sturdy ones. I ironed the sturdy ones and trimmed them to 3 1/2 inches square. Any that were too small also got rejected. When I put all my good squares together, it looked like a really cute antique doll quilt. If I want to make a twin size quilt, I'll have to repair those other ones, and maybe even add the larger squares from the other set that don't match. Tomorrow, I will go to my Mom's house to do some quilt sewing. I've got the scrap quilt top for couch ready to be sewn together.

Can I brag one second? Zach has amazing aim! He can make bulls eyes no problem with a bow and arrow! Sunday, after church, someone dared him to shoot a clock with his new pistol bb gun. This was a MAN, who thought the bbs were rubber (they're plastic), and he said he'd buy a new clock if it broke! Well, Zach hit the clock and cracked it!

4 comments:

Booker said...

So how much was the guy set back? Serves him right if it was alot! :)

Loreo said...

I don't think very much--it was a small clock in the Sunday School room high up on the wall. The crack wasn't actually very noticeable. :)

Claire said...

I chuckled when you said the kids were going 'ga ga' over the vending machines. I could just SEE it. What is this strange power that vending machines hold over the young? I remember being entranced by them as a child...in fact, they still call out to the child in me whenever I walk by them...But back to "ga-ga"...I think that phrase is much underused and I am intent upon restoring it to my vocabulary today.

Anonymous said...

love the quilt...