Friday, October 28, 2005

I've got a headache, and I'm tired, and I cried on the way home from work about a dozen things!!!!! But only briefly. Life is really hard a lot of the time, gosh dang it!!!! But of course, I am extremely thankful for my many blessings. ANYHOO!!!!! Hey, I don't gripe much here, do I?! My real plan was to share what I made for dinner, cuz I know I have a loyal following just waiting for me to share another fresh idea, right?! Ha ha!!!
I invented this years ago and call it "Bean Pasta Goulash." You can really vary it, but basically, you boil up some pasta (I used half a package). While that's cooking, you saute half an onion and a red pepper and some fresh garlic in a good sized, deep saucepan. Tonight, I added a bunch of shredded sun dried tomatoes, 2 cans of drained, rinsed black beans, a can of sliced olives, a cup of shredded cheddar, and the pasta. It was good with garlic salt. Oh, I also added some broccoli, which I boiled with the pasta. This is a colorful, vegetarian, high fiber, low cost meal. At other times, I have used parmesan, basil, and canned, diced tomatoes.
Bon Apetit! And a festive Friday to all! At least, may the end of it be festive!

4 comments:

ljm said...

The little things in life can really wear you down...I'm sorry you had a bad day/evening. Hope you can have a relaxing weekend. You are superwoman, working in and out of the home like you do!

Loreo said...

Thanks, Liane! A night later, and I'm in a great mood, PTL!! :)

Jill said...

And it's okay for you to gripe every now and then on your blog. You're allowed to do that with your friends. So glad you're feeling better now. You ARE superwoman. I don't know how you do it all, but I sure think you're pretty incredible!

Anonymous said...

Hey, you always have good recipes.
Waaaah, Waaaah...let it all out now.
A good cry is good for the soul. I read this great quote
that said something like, imagine that everyone you meet is wearing a sign that says:"I'm hurting" and you will be right 99% of the time.