Saturday, October 29, 2005

Wow, it's late. I just got finished reading and commenting on peoples' blogs. I'm eating my cheese sandwich and Halloween chocolate the kids brought me from the church shin-dig. Chris woke up sick this morning, but he had to take them to church this evening, anyway, or else there would have been an uprising. Wish they had done the festival on Saturday....or do I? It's a pretty busy, chaotic event where the kiddos and adults (if they want to) get to dress up, play lots of games, get candy, have fun, and see a puppet show with a message. I took them last year, and it was really draining. I told the girls, " Bring a separate bag, and when you get any chocolate, just drop it in and bring it to me." I was kidding, but when I got home, there was actually a sandwich bag with chocolate in it! Yay!!!
I sent the camera with Chris, but he forgot to bring it in. I'll probably post pics of the kids in their costumes in a few days. Monday, we have a pumpkin carving contest for the different departments at work, and I got arm twisted into contributing. They provide huge pumpkins for us. I bought a stencil kit with skinny saws and patterns at the store. I plan to do a headless horseman design. There's also a costume contest, with cash prizes for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place! Anybody think I could pass as Napoleon Dynamite if I got a wig, glasses, t-shirt, and moon boots!? Ha ha!! If I won, it would pay for the costume purchases!

6 comments:

Booker said...

A pox on halloween festivities. It is all a great conspiracy by the secret order of the dentists[our arch-enemies] to destroy the teeth of children everywhere and bring in business. So HA to them!

And dr's are probably in on it too, cause all that candy makes people sick. So HA to them too!

!!!!Ka-Sizzle!!!!

Anonymous said...

COME ON! Who are you st. busta chop iv?
Glad you will never find my blog.

Booker said...

cheese sandwich and candy. Now that is a combination you don't see advertised :)

As for armtwisting, that is too bad. Something is never as much fun when you are "forced" to do something. Oh well, an expectation that must be met, eh?

Karena, I suspect he already knows ur site and just hasn't commented. I know I've seen him EVERYWHERE! :)

Loreo said...

The real enemies are the candy companies! The dentists do rescue the perishing teeth, but they don't need to charge an arm and a leg to do it, do they?!?!?!? The "ka-sizzle" thing is definitely getting OLD!! But I suppose St. Busta gets a kick out of annoying us with that.

Kristi said...

He sounds a little bit like Tash. Maybe a relative?

Claire said...

Last night one boy took candy very sparingly from my bowl saying, " I don't want to rot all my teeth!" I said to him, " You've come to the wrong holiday!" ( This was the Grim Reaper/Frankenstein.) What was he doing collecting CANDY then?