Saturday, July 16, 2005

Have you kung-fued your chameleon today?

GOD'S GIFT TO THE BLOG WORLD IS BACK, MY LOYAL CONSTITUENTS! Okay, sorry, I don't know where that came from. I'M KIDDING!!!!!!! REALLY!! I just really, really had to burst out with something very, very ridiculous. I feel better now. It's late, and it's Friday, and I guess I'm not quite myself... My family will verify that I like to burst out with craziness sometimes. And I have passed this on to the next generation, as well. Okay, yes, Chris has added to the goofiness in the gene pool, too. Sometimes, out of the blue, Zach will bust out with a perfect rendition of a chameleon walk. They take these funny jerky steps and Zach does it very convincingly cuz he's tall and lean. From him we also got "DueKLAKideez!" It's just something you shout out when you're feeling zesty. However, I use the word fairly often in place of "thingamajig." Zoe gave us "Dance hand, dance hand," which is accompanied by appropriate hand movements. From their cousin Jed we have borrowed "Want nums!!" (Nums being victuals.) At dinner time, you will probably hear me say to the kids, "Everybody wash your fat hands, time for nums!" "NAKES!!" has been shouted for years when we see a slippery toddler escaping from the tub and running around the house. Yeah, we often get goofy and physical. We show affection by sometimes biting or scaring or grabbing on the back of the neck. Kicking and fake kung fu moves abound. I personally like to punch and jab and do "roundhouse kicks" while shouting "Tae Kwon Do! Ju Jit siu! Karate! You kill my father, prepare to die!!"


Zach, Jessica, and zoe slept over at Grandma's house last night, and almost managed to consume all her pop and ice cream and go in and out of the pool 59 times in one day! So I got to sleep in this morning, and it was just William and me. I even got to study my medical transcription for a spell. And guess what fascinating tidbit I gleaned for you? You know how when you're dropping off to sleep and you suddenly jerk for no reason, and it wakes you and is pretty annoying? That actually has a name--myoclonus!
In the morning, my Pop is going to bring over a truck load of soil for my new raised bed. Chris built it for me recently, because I asked him very nicely, with a cherry on top. :) He did a great job--you can always count on him doing it right and well and sturdily. So, it's a long cedar raised bed right against the chain link fence. It's been empty for a few weeks now, but tomorrow there will be shoveling and dirty fingernails! Yay! I will transplant my 3 blueberry plants from the lawn into the bed. Eventually, I'll buy a few more. And I'll put some other veggies in, too. I'm not sure what my best choices are mid-July--seeds or starts--but I guess I'll figure it out. Chris and I are going out to dinner for my birthday after that. The parents will watch the kids again! :) Yay! We're going to check out this place in downtown Tacoma called The Melting Pot. It's a fondue restaurant, of all things! Some people might remember when fondue was quite popular YEARS ago! Hopefully it'll be a good choice. Some of Chris's co-workers have been there and liked it. The waterfront is close by, which makes for a nice walk. (Thank you for the nice card, Aunt Ellie. Them were nice words! :)
p.s. Did I ever mention that Zach has a replacement for his rat that died? It's a lizard he caught. We buy it crickets at the Tropical Fish Import store. It has shed its skin twice! Yes, Zach can imitate this lizard, too. He showed me how it acts when it's on the hot sidewalk!

5 comments:

Mrs. RF said...

"Hangabers" is one we still use, coined many years ago! (by my son, who shall remane nameless to protect his image)

"eeuuu" is a Jedism that we also love to quote.

Enjoy your birthday!

What is the lizard's name?

Loreo said...

I still say "hangabers," too! I think I got "mazagine" from one of your kids, too! I asked Zach his lizard's name, and he said, "He remains nameless to protect his image."

Kristi said...

Thanks for the laugh! Your kiddos definitely got a dose of our weird family humor!
I've heard about that Melting Pot restaurant -- sounds interesting!

Claire said...

Thanks for sharing the technical term for that whole jerky sleepy thing. It's funny- Brad's whole body does this little jerky thing just as he is dropping off to sleep and somehow it doesn't wake him up ...He insists that it is a total myth and I'm making it up. Yay! Ammunition! Proof! And your family sillinesses were quite amusing...

ljm said...

I'm jealous--I want a raised garden bed like that...sounds nice. Hope you had a great birthday!