Wednesday, July 27, 2005

Don't try this at home

Anyone heard of a box oven? I had read about one, and Zach was itching for a project yesterday. I told him how to look up instructions on the internet, and he found some. It turns out they were lame instructions, cuz he didn't have success with his biscuits! The plan was to take a good sized box, line it and cover it with foil, and do the same with the door. Then you make a "shelf" poking through the side with a coat hanger. You put a pie tin of hot coals on the top shelf. Each briquette is worth 45 degrees. Then your food goes on the bottom. He used duct to make the box with--heavy duty foil and duct tape. The article didn't specify what kind of tape, and I thought "duck tape,"as I used to call it, was the obvious choice. It melted, though, and his biscuits fell in the oven! Argh! A priceless comment when we were looking at the article, though: Zach was so excited, he thought he'd be able to start a restaurant! HA HA HA! He said it with triumph, like he was already thinking of spending his riches.

Go figure--William has been quite cute and good for days. We must have had his evil twin on Saturday.

Getting closer on my ebay venture (grins nervously, crosses fingers)! I went to Goodwill a few days ago, and found some great clothes for me and the kids, and 7 items I'm going to try to sell. I stuck with cute, name brand stuff, mostly. I took pics of all of it--outside in the bright sun--so you can actually see it. Then, yesterday, I got as far as listing one item, but then I got hung up on packaging and shipping details. So I spent HOURS poring over the forums at ebay getting questions answered. I also talked to a gal my mom knows who has been ebaying for 5 years. She was very helpful. Have my digital scale, my boxes, my tips, my pics, my accounts...I just need to get some bubble wrap or peanuts and some padded envelopes, and then get all my stuff listed! I'm excited by this challenge--it's gonna be such a huge rush if I sell one thing!

PTL--not been bothered by insomnia since I last complained about it--I feel the prayers of someone--is that you ,Mom? :)

No comments: