Saturday, September 03, 2005

This is not officially our cat, but it thinks it is. The neighbors, whose cat it "really" is, unless we want to spring for vet bills for its shots etc., named it Solito. I call him Mr. Cacklings or Mr. Cacks. He's quite calm and cute, gets along well with our other cat, Max, and has a high-pitched, cute meow. He hangs out at our house a lot, eats our food, sleeps here!

I got my curriculum today and spent some time looking at it and coming up with some lists of what I need. Then I went to the library to get some books I need. It's based on the Bible and books you check out or buy. I'm really looking forward to this, and so is Zach. I need to get him his own NIV Bible. We'll be starting out learning stuff about Egypt, deserts, Joseph, with all sorts of related goodies and language arts and science woven in. There will be some cooking, like lentil stew and even some kind of Jewish feast or something at the end of the section! He'll be doing a diorama of the layout of Egypt. Each section gets 30 days. He'll also be studying Rome, Greece, the Explorers, the Middle Ages, the Renaissance, and the Reformation! I have a strong feeling I'm going to be learning a ton along with him.

My parents had the three older kids overnight and then took them out to play miniature golf and to lunch! My kids' grandparents are better than your kids' grandparents!! =) It doesn't look like the kiddos will be swimming in Gma's pool anymore--the thrill is gone, don't cha know. I guess they went in for just a wee bit this morning, and then spent a LONG time soaking in Gma's deep soaker tub FULL of hot water!

I picked some blackberries today, over by a nearby school. But they were mostly overripe, and I didn't get enough to make the jelly I wanted to. Plus, William was with me, and he thought I had taken him into a man-eating forest. He was no help and quite fussy. So I froze my berries--they say jam actually tastes better when the fruit has been frozen first. Now, I'll just need to find some more, maybe on Monday.

I'm very happy it's a three day weekend. I was completely sleep deprived for the last 3 days, and we got out at 1:00 from work this morning! Tuesday, when we go back, it will also be a long one.

God bless you, each one!

4 comments:

Kristi said...

Huh. Your kids' grandparents are not better than my kids' grandparents! (Speaking in the future tense, of course!)

Booker said...

A seer in our midst? Kristi, do you know the punishment for trying to predict the future? No, you don't get stoned, you get bored!

And abut the actual post :) How can the thrill of a pool wear off? I say, kids these days, just don't appreciate how easy they have it. Why, I remember back in the day...

Jill said...

Your kids' grandparents aren't better than my kids' grandparents, seeing as how they're one and the same, but your kids definitely get to see their grandparents more than mine do. sniff

By the way, what's the name of the curriculum you're using for Zach? Sounds very intriguing. I'm going to start Jed on Math-U-See this week. Even the kindergartners get to have lessons by Mr. Demme on DVD! He'll think that's pretty cool, esp. since he already knows Mr. Demme and has been won over by his magnetic personality.

KW said...

Hiya
I just sent you an email, but it said it's not a valid
email address? I'll have to complain to the 'postmaster' whoever he is. I'll check it again...but could you post it again if you don't get my email? Sorry!!