Friday, September 16, 2005

It's sprinkling pretty good outside-really feels like fall! Only a few weeks ago, I was wearing capri pants, cuz it still seemed liked summer. Now I'm ready to turn same garment into a quilt. No, really. You should see me when I get hold of some worn out article of clothing that is quiltworthy. I tear into it with my scissors and cut out all usable parts, fold it neatly, and put it into my quilt fabric pile with a satisfied smile. Yesterday, I spent quite a bit of time researching feed sack quilts on the internet, because I am really enamored with them. Then I stumbled on to a surprising number of offerings on ebay, including some vintage feed sack quilt squares, 2 lots, that were found in an attic. I am bidding on both of them. I would just have to sew them together and then add filler, backing, and then quilt it! Also bidding on an "Albers Mill" feed sack, which I would like to make into a couch pillow. Chris and his coworkers actually contributed to the local Albers Mill renovations. It's not a mill anymore, but rather condos on the waterfront. So, it would be meaningful, and its the only Albers feedsack I saw.

Yesterday, I managed to can 5 quarts of peaches--Elbertas. That's a good feeling! I have a lot more to do--must get more sugar and maybe more jars. The only way on the planet to eat canned peaches is to eat the home canned ones. And I add cinnamon to the light syrup. I shudder to think of the "taste" of the storebought ones. They taste like canned green peaches. Lame!

7 comments:

Booker said...

Since I buy lots and lots of dvds, I won't make any cracks about your "quilting" things :)

And summer is truly gone. Where did it go anyway?

KW said...

Woe! You've been blogging up a storm!
Sorry I've been so out of touch. Just now
catching up on your blogs, as it's been a while.
Sounds like potty training is going well! Just found out
there's a quilting class for beginners just around
the corner from me..it would be hard to get to it though, even though Lexie's gone that morning, bc
of A's nap....Oh well...someday...I've also just been
on ebay checking out this and that...like the sounds
of your caramel cake...hmmmm

Kristi said...

Did you give up on choosing blog titles?

KMS said...

Keep reminding me that you are loreos, not loreo. Because I just typed up loreo.blogspot.com, and it's NOT YOU. :-)

Booker said...

Hahahaha. I went there, and laughed my head off. That poor kid...

Loreo said...

KMS, I checked out that other blog--oh my word!!!! My name is also Lori Ann and spelled the same way! She seems a teensy bit DESPERATE, though. Argh!
Ryu, fabrics (or scrapbooking or shopping or cooking) are to women what technological toys are to guys. =)
Kristi, I actually did give up on blog titles--it was taxing my brain. Do you miss my incredibly witty inventions? =) Maybe I'll start again.

ljm said...

Lori, you domestic diva...Maybe I can learn to quilt from Janelle...seems like a satisfying endeavor.