Saturday, September 24, 2005

CRITTERS CHOMPING

I've got the house to myself tonight. The three youngers are at Grandma's, and Zach's at a sleepover. It's just me, the cat, and the neighbor's DANG BARKING DOGS!!!! Why are they barking?!! It always makes me think there's something to be worried about, but whenever I look, I see nothing. Hmph!! They're having a fit about something, and it makes me uneasy.

My mom brought me the most delicious cookies and a small box of chocolates from See's when she came and got the kids. As if she wasn't doing enough! It warmed the cockles of my heart! The cookies are the perfect texture, and they have white chocolate, coconut, dried cranberries, and maybe something I'm forgetting.

When I was heading to my car in the parking lot tonight, there was our resident raccoon under its large tree home, chomping cat food!! One of the guards had just fed it! I got relatively near it, and said "Nice night, huh?". But it didn't have very good manners--it chomped loudly with its mouth open and made a rude hissing kind of face at me.

Hopefully Chris is warm enough tonight, camping somewhere in the vicinity of Mt. Rainier. Hopefully he hasn't been eaten by a bear or fallen into a crevasse.

I had an unusual dream this morning. It was caused by a combination of my chatting last night with Chris while he packed and something I've been worrying about; I dreamt that I was at a cabin in the woods with friends and/or family. I chanced to look down a steep hill near the cabin and saw a bear at the bottom of the hill chewing on something. It looked up at me. I was freaked out and ran back to take precautions. And my ridiculous precautions? Hook chains to orange traffic cones to keep out the bear! Der!!

1 comment:

KW said...

Der Lori!!

Hey, check out the blog I just started for moms in
my area. www.cambridgemoms@blogspot.com!
Blogging rules! Any suggestions for interesting things
I can post? I'm itching to post something new...
any good recipe suggestions?