Thursday, September 29, 2005

Things to be thankful for on Thursday

Hello, everyone! We actually got some rain! It is like 68 degrees out. I love it! Why do I feel such good energy with this kind of weather? =) Yesterday afternoon, I was standing in the front doorway, waiting for the boys to get to the car so I could pick up the girls at school. It was a golden and crimson kind of afternoon, and the most delicious fall breeze--spicy, cool, apple cidery, was gently blowing. A really delightful moment that I wanted to can in a quart jar so I could open and enjoy in February. I made pumpkin muffins with dinner--'tis time for pumpkiny goodies! I read a quote last night that said something like, "It's better to enjoy each changing season than to be only in love with spring."

My garden beds look pretty spent. I need to cut the raspberries back. I have one giant, towering sunflower in the tomatoes, which is cool looking. The tomato plants themselves look bad, but the fruits continue to ripen. My pathetic pumpkin plants performed like they always do--they look great, grow vigorously, bloom profusely....then in fall, they mildew, and I only get 2 actual pumpkins.

Zach is doing math, and William is watching Nemo for the zillionth time. I exercised on the treadmill for 40 minutes, which I feel good about--2nd time this week! I really have to make a conscious effort to use it cuz of time and things like the sweat issue and the William issue. But of course, I need exercise, and I feel great and proud when I do. William really does NOT tolerate outdoor walks too well. He showed us that recently when I tried walking to school to get the girls and on Saturday, when the kids, my Dad, Kristi, and me went for a walk at their house. William just gives out and cries and cries when he's sick of it, and all you can do is endure till you get home, or speak sternly quite a bit and carry his heavy body home. So, I'm thankful for the treadmill!

"Let the peace of Christ rule in your hearts, since as members of one body you were called to peace. And be thankful." Colossians3:15

3 comments:

ljm said...

Lori--did you win those ebay auctions? I think I found the ones you were bidding on...(the quilt pieces?)

Loreo said...

I did win 2 auctions, from the same gal, yes, Liane. Wow, you saw what I'm getting, maybe?! Cool! I cannot wait to get those squares!

ljm said...

Yeah, I liked them...even thought about bidding against you as a joke but guess that wouldn't be too funny!!