Wednesday, November 09, 2005

Well, what's new....Chris is finally mending from being really, really sick. The doctor said it was either bronchitis or pneumonia. I personally think it was pneumonia--there was blood in his horrible coughings, as well as fevers, and extreme fatigue and sleepiness. And he was that sleepy even without the expensive narcotic they gave him! They also gave him antibiotics, and he seems a lot more alive than he did even days ago, thank God. Would you believe my carnal side was really annoyed seeing him constantly on the couch for over a week coughing like a maniac? I can understand just a smidge what some 60-something women go through--RHS, or retired husband syndrome!! Ha ha!

Zach and I are studying ancient Greece now. We're done with Egypt. We also just started with Spongebob Squarepants typing CD ROM. It's fun and motivating for him. He does drills to learn the basics, but if he gets sidetracked by the games, he's still learning! :) We'll start a brand new Math-U-See tomorrow--"Focus on Division." He's learning about Greek myths and the fables of Aesop, how to draw different Greek columns, the various systems of the body, new spelling words, ancient Greek life, and writing exercises. And he's reading a juvenile book about Alexander the Great. As usual, I'm learning right along with him stuff I really never knew.

Tonight, at work, I got 3 balloons and a Milky Way candy bar and a Key pin to commemmorate my 5 years of imprisonment, I mean employment, with Key Bank. I was going to try to start being more careful and mindful of intake and output, cuz my clothes are starting to shrink thanks to Halloween candy and the near impossibility of exercise...but the milky way seems to have forced itself upon me. Just call me WONDER WILLPOWER!!! Surely, TOMORROW will be different than EVERY OTHER DAY, and I will wake up earlier, super energized, and get on the blessed treadmill.

4 comments:

Kristi said...

LOL! I thought I was the one with shrinking clothes!

Hmm, that's all you get after five years? Big deal!

Loreo said...

Kristi, I don't feel jipped (sp?), honestly. Everybody saw them bring it to me, and then the balloons are on your machine till you leave for the night, so people will ask you how long you've been there. It was enough. I'm no executive. :)

Booker said...

I knew it! Candy does that to me too. I put it away, tell it I don't want it, but before I know it, it is shoving its way rudely down my throat. The nerve...

Jill said...

I'm so sorry Chris has been sick--sorry for both of you! Having a sick husband isn't much fun. Men don't always deal with sickness very well. Hope you're both doing better now!