Saturday, November 26, 2005

Have you made a dent in your leftover turkey yet?

Alright, I want to hear how everyone is creatively using up their turkey. My mom gave me the carcass, so I'm going to make soup with it; I'll probably add rice and vegetables. Right now, I'm waiting for my lunch to cool down so I can eat it. I boiled up some water and added leftover raw veggies (baby carrots and broccoli flowerets) from Thanksgiving appetizers, then a package of Top Ramen. I threw in some diced turkey, canned mushrooms, and Yoshida's sauce(kind of a sweet, soy sauce/ teriyaki flavored number) . It looks really good.......mmm....tastes good, too!

3 comments:

Jill said...

Okay, your use of leftover turkey has got to be the most creative I've ever heard of, but then you're the queen of creative cooking! I think that gene skipped me. All we did was sandwiches and warmed up turkey with leftovers. We had a 12-pound turkey, so there weren't tons of leftovers--not enough to make me thoroughly sick of the stuff anyway. I am getting sick of pie, though. Two days later we still have a quarter each of a blueberry and apple pie. Pies don't improve with age. Too bad you can't freeze them.

Wish I could drop in for a bowl of your yummy soup!

Loreo said...

Jill, when your kids get older, I don't think you'll have to worry about the foreign concept of "stale pie." :)

ljm said...

It's not every day your mother gives you a carcass...You have some great culinary ideas. Keep sharing.