Wednesday, November 02, 2005

I carved a stenciled headless horseman design into my pumpkin for work, but the judges were blind, and I didn't win even 3rd place, which I feel I should have...honestly! They seemed to favor originality and additions of STUFF and a clean pumpkin interior. So, if I could do it again, I would make the inside of my pumpkin sparkle, light the candles, and put fake blood on the outside near the head or something. Third place was this really lame pumpkin someone had freehandedly designed a key on. It wasn't even the proper key of our logo, they didn't punch out the design, and it was not even symmetrical!!! LAME!!!!!!! There weren't any cash prizes like with the costumes, though. People brought food, and we had fun, until we had to go back to work until late!

Chris took the 3 younger kids trick or treating in the rain, with his sickness, and he came back with a high fever. When I came home tonight, his shirt was soaked from feverishness. He didn't go to work today. Pray that he gets better soon and that I don't get it? I've been careful not to kiss him and to wash my hands religiously before I eat! He's been really sick for days!

Is everybody eating enough candy for an army? William has turned into a demanding candy monster--it's really annoying. Throwing it all away and showing him empty containers sounds good! But he threw his pacifier away (why, I don't know), and he hasn't had it for days! Maybe this is the true end, the true weaning! (It's about time!!!!)

It really feels like winter is upon us--tonight it was 47 degrees and rainy coming home.

3 comments:

ljm said...

Woooaahh, impresive pumpkin! You should have at least placed in the top 3! Glad to hear someone else has the pacifier struggle...Ethan still wants his at night. Hopefully this can be the end for you though!

Mrs. RF said...

Hey I agree - you win a prize in my book anyway! Nice work!

Booker said...

What were those judges thinking?!? I have to wonder if kickbacks played a part here. It's happened in lesser events...