Sunday, November 20, 2005

I tried unsuccessfully for a half hour to post 3 pictures. I always have a hard time, and "Hello" isn't responding. SO IRRITATING!!!!! I was going to show you Jessie's salt dough relief map of Washington state, which is quite good, and of which she is justifiably proud. Also, I was going to show 2 pictures of William at his little family birthday party yesterday. He's turning 3 on Wednesday, and my parents came over for cake and to bring their gifts. I made a German chocolate cake from scratch, and although it was a bit crooked and the icing thinner than I would have liked, it was moist and delicious!

My mom got Will a plastic case that holds 24 cars (Hot Wheel types). HE LOVES LOVES LOVES IT, MOM!!!!! He's been playing with it nonstop!!! To him, a car is a "woe-woe." Tractors are "nay-nays." I don't know where he came up with those names.

We had Chris' mom over for dinner, since we won't be with her on Thanksgiving, but at my Mom's house--yay!! Can't wait!! The kids will have 2 1/2 days off from school next week, and my Mom even invited them over for a sleepover Wednesday night. I'll have Thursday only off, and Chris gets Thursday and Friday off.

Last night, after the 3rd dishwasher load of dishes, I was so exhausted, I felt sick. I had gotten to bed really late Friday night and then gotten up and immediately started working on cooking and cleaning for our guests. Chris and the kids all worked together as well to help, and their rooms even look great! Zach dug up the little Christmas tree and put it on his desk. He also put a string of fake candy and a string of mini lights on his bunk bed. Looks cheerful and makes a great night light! Chris particularly impressed me, cuz he did a lot of delegating and also just chipped in without being asked. Nor did he get grumpy or tense about it. Woo hoo!!! So I lay down at 8:30 p.m. in bed and didn't come to for 4 hours. Then I made the poor choice to eat a quesadilla, which sat very unfriendly-like in my belly. So by about 4:30 a.m., my stomach felt a bit better, and I was tired enough to go to sleep. I was on the couch, with William on me, not enough blankets, watching TV in the middle of the night, feeling icky. Just another day in Paradise. But I did make it to church, since I had to do Sunday School.

6 comments:

Jill said...

Sorry you haven't been feeling well. I don't know how you maintain any level of decent health anyway with all you have going on. I think my life is busy--until I see what you have on your plate. God bless you, dear sister, and shower you with His empowering grace.

Where do little kids come up with their names for things, like Will with his nay-nays and--what was the other one? Chloe calls any drink or body of water nee-nee, though now she can say juice and milk when pressured. Daddy and Mama and Kristi and I still use words you came up with for things when you were little--like fress (dress) and Christum tree. I wonder how many of our own kids' words will stay in our vocabulary....

Loreo said...

The really good names that they come up with and we use and laugh at all the time are the ones we'll remember! Thanks for the blessing, and God bless you, too!!

Booker said...

quesadilla's at midnite? my goodness, you sound like a college student, lol! here's to everybody feeling fine in your family during thanksgiving...

ljm said...

I've stopped using the Hello program since blogger got the new photo icon thingy--it's much easier and faster. Should be right on the part where you post..

Loreo said...

Liane, I actually tried that, thinking it looked quite straightforward. But after staring at the screen telling me that my photos were uploading when they never did made me just give it up! Should I have waited 15 minutes or something?

KW said...

Happy Birthday to William! Hope you get some rest
(somehow)..not an easy task is it? and also a burst of energy or 2!