Sunday, November 27, 2005

We actually have some sun and blue skies today, praise the Lord! On our way home from Church, we noticed an unusual train going by. It was stopping a lot of traffic, and we had to be careful not to rear end some people who practically just stopped right where they were. It was some kind of old fashioned steam engine. We caught up with it, got out, and looked at it as it went by. It whistled loudly, and we waved at the folks inside. Zach said he has heard it for 3 days. I think it said Mt. Rainier Scenic Tours on the side. Neat!!

Yesterday, I finally did something I've wanted to do for a long time--I took Jessie out for a Mommy and Me day. She had a 2.00 gift certificate for Baskin Robbins I had promised to redeem with her. So we got scoops of ice cream and then went to the dollar store where we got a few things, including cheap coloring books for her and Zoe. Then we went to the library and got some books and movies. She checked out an Apple Dumpling gang flick. Chris and I watched "The Terminal" last night. It was pretty good, mostly because of Tom Hank's character, but kind of hard to watch (if you've seen it, you know what I mean.)

2 comments:

Mrs. RF said...

That train sounds neat! That would have been fun to see! We hear lots of regular trains from our home- but steam engines are special!

Booker said...

Why am I not surprised Mrs RF commented? lol.

Well, blueskies sounds like a really nice item. I think I am in the market for some myself actually...