Monday, January 30, 2006

The photo below shows the scary Halloween orange, and some examples of how we might rectify it. Chris tried some pale yellow glazing, which actually looks too white (it was some old half white glaze I already had which he mixed with pale yellow). I tried some bright yellow with glaze blotted on, and then some berry/brick mixed with glaze blotted on. I think I like best the spot that has both bright yellow and red blotted over the orange. This is kind of a conondrum.

Oh, and Peter Rabbit escaped last week. :(

5 comments:

Booker said...

Rabbit Stew I say!!!! and good luck with the painting. Whatever you choose, it's probably gonna need a second coat, eh? :)

Mrs. RF said...

Hmm- keep us posted on the final glaze! (I think I liked the yellow better!) Have fun painting!

ljm said...

It's so hard to get colors right...looks like you will have a nice, warm look whichever you choose.

Loreo said...

Ha ha! "Nice, warm look" is a nice way to put it, Liane! Our room is on fire!!!!! Chris put a second coat on 2 of the walls last night, Derrick. He said he's gonna run out, which makes me sick to think of having to buy more orange so we can cover it up with something quieting. Rabbit stew?! You meanie!

Booker said...

Spare the rod, spoil the, umm, rabbit?