Monday, February 06, 2006

Wow, we lost the Superbowl!! I didn't watch one minute of it, happily. Chris did, at someone else's house. He came home hoarse and morose, plus he slightly bumped someone's car who had wedged him in!! But he doesn't have to work today, cuz that was the deal if the Seahawks made it to the Superbowl. Good thing, cuz my car decided to not start again for the third time in half a week! Friday, I had to walk to and from school to get the girls cuz of the car. Thankfully, it wasn't raining cats and dogs! It's a 25 minute walk to the school. And we have a newer school we can SEE from our house! It's days like that I kinda wish they were at the new one.

This weekend I get to fly to New Hampshire!!! Yay! I will be visiting Grandma Sweet and staying with Jill and Evan!! Grandma wants me to clean out and organize her closet--isn't that funny? The interesting thing is that Jill and Jed will be flying out here shortly after that! Wow!

We haven't amended our orange walls yet. But I moved the treadmill into the living room. I'm filling out my clothes a little too well, and I'm just not spending the time in the boring laundry room. (That's where the treadmill was). So Friday and Saturday, I spent an hour on it, running half the time, whilst watching TV. It was so much easier with the TV on. I've really tried being stoic and listening to music or reading or listening to books on tape in the laundry room, but I get bored to tears after 15 minutes. Chris got on it, too, and put me to shame, running at a pretty fast pace. Then he went in to work to work out where they have some weights recently purchased. Zach went in to try it too, cuz he was interested. Zach especially liked this punching bag thing that is attached at floor and ceiling.

We had Zoe's birthday at Grandma's house Saturday night, and that was fun. She will actually be 8 tomorrow!

5 comments:

Booker said...

treadmills and tvs are a combo made in heaven. I'd get one, but I just don't have room, and if I put it in my bedroom, I'd never use it. Blah to that...

Jill said...

Hurray! I am so looking forward to your visit this weekend. The kids are excited too. Will call soon to work out details and such.

Loreo said...

Derrick, I think they make pretty small ones that you fold up when not in use. You'd probably have to shop around and know your room measurements.

KW said...

I just joined a small gym connected to one of the colleges in the Univ here. (yes there are colleges within the University). It's more like a big workout room, and there's a pool next door. Anyway, I've been going several times now starting a few wks ago. Have used the treadmill, but also like using the rowing machine!
I feel like an Olympic athlete using it:)

Loreo said...

I've always liked rowing machines, too. I'd really like to learn how to sea kayak in the Puget Sound, though. Someday, maybe!