Saturday, January 21, 2006

The world is full of cactus, but we don't have to sit on it.
--William Foley

The Animal Planet channel was on the other day, and it was an animal rescue show. It looked like maybe Arizona. This woman called in about her neighbor's cat who had apparently somehow gotten COMPLETELY embroiled in some cactus! The poor cat was COVERED in stickers, not moving, and meowing piteously! They got it to the vet, tranquilized it, and spent the next 2 hours removing prickers! It then looked normal and had to be on pain relievers and antibiotics for 10 days. It had looked so absolutely horrible--like a cat shaped cactus plant. I guess kitty hadn't talked to William Foley.

ALL WORK AND NO PLAY MAKES JACK A DULL BOY. ALL WORK AND NO PLAY MAKES JACK A DULL BOY. ALL WORK AND NO PLAY MAKES JACK A DULL BOY. ALL WORK AND NO PLAY MAKES JACK A DULL BOY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
CABIN FEVER, HERE! MUST GET OUT AND DO
SOMETHING BESIDES RAT RACE DUTIES! The sky has been either light grey, medium grey, whitish grey, mottled grey, watery grey, or kill-me-now-I-can't-take-it-anymore-grey. A little help, here, oh great WEATHERMAN IN THE SKY? Here's my typical scenario: Thursday is a mental health day and I have to daydream all day about good things and fun stuff to do Saturday so I don't climb the walls and start crawling around on the ceiling with foam coming out of my mouth. Saturday comes along: I was up late the night before cuz work lets out no earlier than 12:30 usually. Then I have to unwind and/or visit with Chris if he's still up. 12:00 noon Saturday and I'm still not dressed and quite groggy, and there are mountains of laundry and not exactly bouncing out the door on great adventures. Chris actually has to work today, too. It's not raining, though. The least I could do is go to Point Defiance Park with the kiddos. I'm pretty broke and that's free.

Last Saturday I did a mommy and me date with Zoe. We went to Krispy Kreme donuts, which I religiously avoid normally. We had wanted to go to Red Robin and get dessert, but of course they were packed. My donut was so amazing and only 1/3 satisfying. I could have gobbled 2 more, but I resisted. The coffee packed a wallop! Now I know who has high octane java! We then walked over to Toys R Us and bought Trivial Pursuit for kids and Yahtzee. The kids and I played Trivial Pursuit for the next few hours, and it was SO FUN!!! I had to drag Zach kicking and screaming to play, but after 1 minute, he was totally into it! He had to have a long pep talk though when he exhibited extremely poor sportsmanship cuz his YOUNGER sister beat him! The indignity!!

I want to go on a road trip and a boat trip and have some tiramisu. I need these things.

4 comments:

KW said...

I love you Lori!
Tiramisu is one of my favorites!

Claire said...

A boat trip? I'm there!

I love Trivial Pursuit! It's so addicting! Brad and I played it so much at one point that we pretty much used up ALL the cards we had...

I really appreciate how you share stories of playing with your kids and having so much fun with them. It's such a positive testimony and an inspiration. It helps me to realize that having kids is not all scary and big and intimidating.

Loreo said...

Karena, I love you too! Let's do tiramisu soon! Claire, how does July sound for a sailboat cruise to the San Juans? Everybody out there reading my blog is welcome, too! If I can get 24 people. we each pay 130.00 a day! I was actually thinking about supplementing the kids trivial pursuit game with some custom made Bible questions. I'm so glad you're inspired, Claire. Each day with kids is actually like a box of chocolates--you never know what yer gonna get--sometimes stale, hard mouse-eaten nuts and caramels, sometimes the world's most luscious truffles!! :)

Booker said...

Krispy Kremes!!!!

I need say nothing more :)