Sunday, January 29, 2006

I'll do a quick post. Last weekend Chris and I went to see "Walk the Line," the Johnny Cash movie. We got there 45 minutes late and had to sit in the front, but it was a great movie, and we had fun.

This weekend, we needed to put a second coat of ceiling paint on in living room, and that led to a spur of the moment decision to repaint the walls. They did need repainting, and "since we were going through all the effort...." Chris was tired of the cheerful light yellow, so we agreed on a tasteful lightish medium ochre. Well, he came home with a VIBRANT, RICH, IN YOUR FACE pumpkin. He told me not to be scared, but I was. We put a coat on the walls, but I can't live with it, so we are going to have to do something different--like some faux glazing to tone it down.

Got toddlers? My sunday school kiddies got a kick out of putting little foam heart stickers on a sheet, then grabbing corners and shaking them up and down. They were very diligent about picking them up again so they could do it again, and again! Great activity for indoors in winter!

I got as far as taking my midterm exam for medical transcription this week. I got an 86%. Now there is a bunch of editing training, which I love. After this, I'll get to the real transcription practice! Yay!

5 comments:

Jill said...

Lori, that's awesome about your exam. It's so fun when you actually get to start transcribing.

Loreo said...

You've actually done it, Jill?

Booker said...

And who says sisters can read eachother's minds? :)

Kristi said...

Yikes and congratulations!

KW said...

Where can I get these foam stickers and how soon?