Thursday, June 22, 2006

A summer morning in the life of yours truly: I got up at the beautiful, godly hour of 10:15!! Delicious!! (Of course, I get to bed after 1:00 most nights). At 10:45, with my puffy, unmade up morning hair and face and pulled on clothes and only coffee in my gullet, took kiddos to 3rd morning of swim lessons. The lessons are at the cool, revamped pool which is large, shallow, and has lots of neat water features. There is a large, curvy water slide, a winding river with water that moves you, and a sprayground feature you can climb on that has water coming out of various holes. Zach and Jessie are progressing well with their lessons. Zoe, I think I may have mentioned, will do her lessons in a few weeks with a friend. She is a little irked to have to only watch, as I half expected. William skinned his elbow really bad this morning, and, as is his VERY PERSISTENT nature, extended his crying through the pain, and the blood, and the bandaid applications, and the trip to the candy machine, and the anger at not getting the candy he wanted. I actually got two packages of whoppers for the price of one! One for Zoe, and one for him. We had to hang out in the dressing room for a time and have a LITTLE TALK. Only 10 minutes later, he was eating his whoppers and dancing happily by the pool chairs.

I thought the kids were in danger of getting burned at the outdoor pool, but it has been between 60 and 70 degrees, and mostly overcast. A little chilly for swimming, but dem's da berries.

Yesterday, got some algae killer for my fish pond/pot and looked at filters. Got Zach some vittles for his reptiles. Made Paula Deen's shrimp and grits for dinner--rich and deliciosa!! Anyone out there also a Paula Deen fan? I just discovered her new magazine, and have already made 2 recipes from it, and plan to make a third, crabcakes, soon. I have mountains of laundry, as is usually the case. I should exercise and mop. Veggies and flowers need watering. Can I get my soul around medical transcription? Should I give up? Tonight's dinner: potato cheese broccoli soup, using chicken broth to cook the veggies in.

This morning, William made up a song he sang OVER AND OVER again: "We're not going camping now. We're not going camping now." The tune, if you can believe it, sounded very much like Johnny Cash's "Ring of Fire"!! So you'd sing it to the part that goes, "The taste of love is sweet...."

7 comments:

Loreo said...

Come again?

Avalanche Cowpoke said...

Thet thar soup sounds gooooooooooooooooooood!!! 8~)

ljm said...

Was that first comment some sort of cry for help? I see SOS in it!
William has impressive songwriting skills!

Loreo said...

Uncle D., that soup IS good, and I was really amazed at how much the chicken broth improved it over just plain water to cook the veggies. Liane, yeah...don't quite know what's up with somebody taking the effort to comment a question mark. If you click on their name, you don't get much, either, for a blog.

Kristi said...

This post amused me with its rambliness. :-)

Loreo said...

It's the Rambling Redman Record!

Booker said...

just a random commenter is my guess...