Thursday, June 08, 2006

Hi, my name is Lori, and I throw sea anenomes

I actually tried posting pictures of my growing garden at least twice, but it wouldn't work. Problems with the page or something--connection timing out, try again. Hmph.

A few days, William was getting cozy with me in bed. He looked at the open area under the eaves and told me he saw.......a rabbit. It was white, and it was "eating a yanwich." Ha ha!! He also sang almost perfectly Twinkle Twinkle Little Star, which was SO heartwarming! :)

School is out in 1 week!! Thank you, Jesus!!! I am so ready to not be chilly, as in, bring on the summer weather!!

I plan to start the girls on swim lessons for the first time. I sign them up the day school ends. Maybe I'll do Zach after their session is over. (Three kids with lessons at once adds up, dontcha know). Saturday, at the school down the road, I took the kiddos and 2 neighbor kids to an open swim for a little while. The rule is, I have to be in the water with them, unless they are older and proven swimmers. So, I got in the warm water (indoors) and held William the whole time, in his swim diaper (wonderful things--those). This was something I was doing FOR THE KIDS, but it ended up being totally fun. There was a poolside basketball net, some balls, a plastic sea anemome, and a plastic stuffed alligator floating around, which I took advantage of, like a fool. I was throwing them to and at my young charges. I get an unbelievable kick out of throwing flotsam and jetsom at loved ones--always have. There were a fair amount of people around, and blissfully, I didn't care. I was surprised at how much exercise I seemed to have gotten just playing! I was sorry we couldn't stay longer! But holding William the whole time did tire my arm.

I also bought a book of piano music right before the swimming. I have had this untuned piano for what--2, 3 years? Have I bought any new music since having it? Had it tuned? NO!! The music I have is hand me downs from my childhood music lessons and my parents' house--pathetic!! Apparently, I was waiting for the earthshattering suggestion/direction from my husband to go down to such and such music store, when I didn't have the kids, and GET SOME MUSIC ALREADY!!! Cuz it was so hard to think of that myself. Sheesh!! It really is surprising how much it meant to me to just have someone else give me that obvious instruction. The music store, which I had not been in before, was SO COOL. They sell instruments and accessories and tons of sheet music. Big store, lots of good energy. Picking 1 book was a challenge, but I'm happy with what I got. I probably spent 4 hours this weekend playing--unheard of!! It also has guitar chords, so Chris can dink around with it, too.

Is anyone interested in a couple of awesome chicken recipes I have/will make for the second time in a matter of weeks? If you are, let me know, and I will post the directions. One is Croatian chicken, and the other is King Ranch Casserole.

6 comments:

JJ said...

Oh please, oh please...YES, more recipes from Queen Anenome!

Mrs. RF said...

Hmm...a white rabbit, eating a yanwich. Something we all should have under the eaves in our homes. Way to go William

Avalanche Cowpoke said...

Yay for flotsam and jetsom...

Loreo said...

Aunt E., that just reminded me about that Jimmy Stewart movie about that white rabbit named....what was it? Ha ha! Janelle, recipes coming up! Uncle D., don't you just love any excuse to say FLOTSAM AND JETSOM? :)

Kristi said...

H-h-harvey.

Avalanche Cowpoke said...

...the words are OK to say but flinging and winging their definition is fun too! 8~)