Monday, March 06, 2006

Well, it sure does feel springy all of a sudden, thank God!! The blossoms are out, the air is balmier, springier, pollen-filled, and my hayfever started a few days ago. Argh.

We had another very nice weekend, which went too fast. I promised the kids quite a long time ago that I would take them to see Narnia at the theater. I think it's just about done showing there, so I took the 3 olders on Saturday. It was awesome, of course!! We got back and had grilled cheese sandwiches and apples and then headed to Chris' work! This was our 3rd Saturday we went there to....lift weights!!! Wow!! Chris' boss recently bought a weight bench and punching bags and such, so we are doing some couples' lifting while the kids skate or scooter around the shop. Chris used to lift weights in high school for football and early in our marriage. I've always been interested, but only sporadic in my activity. He pushes himself and me--he's motivated and motivating!! It's fun to have this new family activity/couple activity. We don't go to all that many places as a couple or as a large, unrich family. This is free and fun and healthy! Yay!

Yesterday was very, very restful. I enjoyed my 2 hour rest/nap upstairs while Chris did the first round of dishes--yay!! We read the paper, watched TV, had chicken breasts baked with olive oil, garlic, balsamic vinegar, sage, salt and pepper, and spaghetti with spaghettic sauce. I was dying for dessert, as usual, but I had a handful of granola instead. We managed to do family devotions after dinner, which doesn't always happen.

Well, Zach is doing a grammar worksheet, and he'll be done soon. I will then read a chapter from the medieval fiction book we are reading, A Door in the Wall.

5 comments:

Avalanche Cowpoke said...

YAY for spring. YAY for you two weight liftin' together! YAY for family devotions!!! Ain't nothin' more important for families to be doin', I always say!!! Funny how it is thet kids don't always learn so good from bein' told stuff but they surely do well at learnin' by seein' what Mom and Dad do. Yep! they surely do. Phooey on Hay fever---hope ye can shake it soon!
I reckon a Door in the wall can be a right handy thing from time to time...

Booker said...

I am amazed that Narnia was still showing in the theatres! Cool beans.


and I think I've read "A door in the wall" who is the author?

Loreo said...

I am so happy you're blogging now, Cowpoke! Your comments are so cheerful and affirming!! :) Luv you too, by the way!!
Ryu, the author of that book is Marguerite de Angeli. The main character is Robin, 10 yrs old, who becomes crippled, but learns lots of character and has adventures. A Newberry award winning book!

Booker said...

I have read that! and I so agree with your comments about Cowpoke :-)

Kristi said...

Okay, it's been over three weeks, you blog shirker!! Surely you have SOMETHING to say!