Wednesday, February 15, 2006

I am back from my mini-vacation in New Hampshire. I spent Friday through Monday with Jill's family. It was very restful and peaceful and beautiful to spend that many kidless, non-working days in their large home in the country! I saw Grandma Sweet on Saturday, and Jill and I got coffee and lunch and went to a cute gift shop. I really loved driving the country roads and seeing the New England countryside and houses. The blizzard was a new one for me! It delayed my flight a day. Jetblue airlines was a pain to deal with--they couldn't be reached over the phone, and wrongly charged me 90.00 to change my flight. (They reimbursed me). Then we had a long, boring, 2 hour delay at the airport because they COULDN'T FIND A FLIGHT CREW!!!!! Geez Louise!!!!!! But it was wonderful visiting Evan, Jill, and their precious kiddos. And it was so gratifying to wake up from one of my many naps--grin, grin--and Jed was genuinely thrilled that Aunt Loe-ee was up! I loved their 2 cats, too. I was able to take a long walk on Monday while Jill got groceries. We watched a few movies and some winter Olympics on the weekend. Also, I got to see Lindsay and her cute apartment. I left winter behind and came back to my daffodils blooming!!

8 comments:

Mrs. RF said...

Glad to hear that you survived the snow and had such a nice time! And that you didn't have to pay for changing your flight!!!!

Jill said...

I had such a good time with you last weekend. It was a bit of a break for me too. The kids adore you. On Tuesday Chloe said, "Me miss Lori!" Right now as I'm writing this Chloe is sitting in my lap. Not even knowing I'm writing on Aunt Lori's blog, she just whined, "Me miss Lori!" again! She wants to know if you're coming again and thinks you're hiding. :-)

So glad you got reimbursed.

Loreo said...

I'm really going to have to make an effort to "come out of hiding" for Chloe! I miss her, too!

ljm said...

Hey--glad you had such a nice, little break...sounds like fun.

KW said...

Hurray! Glad you had a nice visit:) I find it so interesting that you liked looking at the NE houses etc..

Booker said...

Blooming daffs eh? Arghh, it is snowing right now! Something is wrong with this picture, lol...

Linds said...

So glad you were able to come out!

Avalanche Cowpoke said...

A change of scenery can be real nice fer a feller or a gal and I think for a hoss too. Leastways thet's what ol' 'Lanche has been tryin' in his own inimitable way to git across to me... ...but I dunno---I surely do like parkin' my ol' carcass in the rocker on the front porch, a stickin' my feet up on the rail and pretendin' to collect a few of them ol' elusive Zs... ...the warm afternoon sun is-a beckonin' to me, it is...