Wednesday, August 09, 2006



The picture with the goats is at Blueberry Park, where you can pick berries for free. The goats were brought in for a week of constructive "pruning." The lake pictures are at a lake I don't remember the name of. That was Saturday, when we helped Chris celebrate his boss's birthday at a lake cabin, Where we stupidly left our inflatable raft, which we didn't even use and probably won't see again. I am very bitter about that loss, and it's mostly my fault. Zoe left one flip flop and Chris left his sunglasses. We left when it was dark, and we were SO TIRED.

I have a kitchen FULL of dishes from having another family of 6 for dinner. It is almost midnight, everyone else is asleep, and I am NOT doing them, I'm sorry. I was short on time, so I got this beautiful blueberry and strawberry tart at Costco, but it was disappointing. They used frozen strawberries and probably blueberries, so they looked fresh, but were mushy. Lame!! The crust was quite unbuttery tasting and soggy, too. What a crock. Chris forgot about the dinner, which he set up, and I forgot to remind him. So he got home more than an hour after they got here. His cell phone was dead, and I was lucky enough to have his coworker's number, and they were actually talking. Chris felt alot worse about it than anyone else. This man we invited over was supposed to help us with our bum upstairs electrical, but Chris felt so sheepish, he wouldn't even let him. So the control panel in the kitchen was looked at, talked about, made a little safer.

We go camping for our second and last time this summer on Friday. So I'll probably share any good pictures when we get back.

Zach got to take his dirt bike to someplace besides the alley recently! Our pastor's in-laws have a house with some land that they put a dirt track on. They have go-carts, and Chris, Zach, and a few other people had some fun and got nice and dirty!

Am I done with this update now? Can I get some shut eye? And this is a tame sort of tired compared to when I am working. Back to the grindstone next week. I am not amused.

3 comments:

ljm said...

Lori--you done good providing all those good memories for your kids and slaving away for your family! It's no wonder you are tired.

JJ said...

Any post that features goats right off the bat gets a comment from me! =)

Mrs. RF said...

Thanks for the updates and pics!