Tuesday, May 02, 2006

Yikes! It's been 2 weeks since I gave evidence of being in the land of the blog living!

Our neighbors got a new swingset and some sand, so after school, the kids swarm over there to play! Awesome!!

Only 6 weeks left of school, thank God. Parents get spring fever, too!!

Sunday, we got KFC and went to a park in Puyallup to play, but it was really chilly though sunny. And I got hurt twice! First, Zach started closing the back hatch of the minivan, but my head was in the way! Ow! I am really amazed I didn't get a cartoon sized lump. My lower back and hips were in a lot of subluxated pain this weekend (getting dehydrated contributes). Well, I was trying to be spry and jump up onto this cement block, but with my bad back and age and stiffish jeans, I just ended up sprawling on the block and scraping my shin. It was embarrassing, but I don't think anyone but Zach saw it! There was a boy with a large lizard at the park, so Zach had fun chatting with him. Zach now has an alligator lizard, a small frog, a newt, a salamander, a goldfish, and like 4 snakes in his room. He just started mowing Grampa's lawn, so now he can pay for the stinkin pet maintenance!!

Zach is going to be 12 in 3 weeks and Jessie will be 10, so I need to plan several celebrations!

I saw the movie RV on Saturday with a friend. It has Robin Williams in it. The previews made it look retarded, but it was actually quite funny, at least in the theater. It seems movies are always better at the theater!

And that's my exciting news!

6 comments:

Mrs. RF said...

Welcome back! We missed you! Zach sure has an interesting assortment of pets. I am glad they are in your house...not mine.

Loreo said...

Maybe Mrs Avalanche Cowpoke could start telling us about her world in her very own blog? You have become such a faithful commenter! :)

Mrs. RF said...

Umm....I do have a blog. Check it out.

Jill said...

Yay for new blogs! You are a Good Mom to let Zach have a menagerie of reptiles and other creepy creatures. So far I've escaped that since Jed is afraid of spiders and not fascinated by snakes or other such creatures. (He wouldn't mind having a wolf or beaver for a pet, though!) Here's hoping Tucker won't have that bent either. :-}

Avalanche Cowpoke said...

Way to go Zack!!! Ol' 'Lanche ain't too fond of the creepy critters but the Cowpoke hasn't run in to any thet were a match fer his trusty ol' Hawgleg...

Sorry fer the ol' noggin' knock ya' got---didja gain any sense or was it generally a useless thing to be lumped?

I always thought shindigs were supposed to be fun and somethin' to brag on but you sounded a bit dismayed at yours...

Oh Well! Enough from ol' uncle Cowpoke---eh?!

Luv Ya' Bunches!

Loreo said...

Oh my word, Uncle D. Yor just plum silly! Maybe my IQ did go up a bit with that bump--I hope so! Yah, not a fun shindig! Jill, I want to remember to keep my eyes open for stuffed beavers and/or wolves for Jed! When is his birthday? Soon?