Thursday, June 23, 2005

A day at the beach

The newspaper said that nearby Titlow Beach was going to have really low tides for a few days, so I took the kids and our friends the Linsley's so we could hunt for critters. It was a beautiful day, and the tide really WAS low. I was hoping to see some sea anenomes but didn't have any luck. We saw small crabs, hermit crabs, and a few really big crabs, the kind you eat. I found something that looked just like seaweed, but then it moved! I thought it was an eel cuz I heard someone else use that word, but Zach said it was a rare such and such fish. We saw small and large starfish. It was fun! Then we played at the nearby park and stopped at McDonald's on the way home. (Don't say I never did anything for you, kids!) Unfortunately, however, when we got home, Twiggy was dead. Poor thing! A sad ending to a great day

2 comments:

Kristi said...

Oh, that's so sad! :-( How did she die? Well, I got a bunch of pictures of her on Sunday.

Mrs. RF said...

Poor Twiggy! That is sad!

Nice to hear about the fun day at the beach though! Would have loved to have joined you!